Hello- We are harvesting our second row of green beans, an attractive and tasty open-pollinated variety called ‘Spartan’ which is producing heavily now. They are green, oval in cross section, straight, four to six inches long, and stringless. We have two more rows of snap beans which will be coming on after that for the year; one row of yellow wax beans and another row of pole beans (green, yellow, purple).
We are about 10 – 14 days out on Pickling Cucumber orders for assured quantities.
Just starting to harvest eggplant, an Early Long Purple Japanese variety.
Green Bell Peppers are sizing up.
A lot of green tomatoes on the vines, but they are taking their time ripening…
- Summer Squash (green, yellow, round and striped zucchini): 85¢/pound
- Pickling Cucumbers: Small size (2″-4″) – $1.75/pound, Medium size (4″-5″) – $1.35/pound, Large size (over 5″) – 5 each for $1.00
- Slicing Cucumbers, ‘Straight Eight’ or ‘Beit Alpha’ Persian: 3 each for $1.25
- Eggplant, Early Long Purple: $2.00/pound
- Beets: $2.75/bunch
- Red and White Chard: $2.50/bunch
- Dino Kale: $2.50/bunch
- Sweet Italian Basil: $1.50 per whole plant or bunch. Good time to make pesto.
- Italian Parsley: $1.00/bunch
- Culinary Herbs: $1.50 each bunch Marjoram, Oregano, Sage, Savory, Thyme
- Garlic (Early Italian): $7.00/pound
- Cut Flower Bouquets: $3.75
© 1996-2017 M o m a n d Enterprises, Boise-Idaho USA. All Rights Reserved