Hello- We are at the peak harvest of melons right now. Three heirloom varieties this year, all picked ripe and very sweet.
The Ogen melon originated in Israel, its’ flesh is succulent and sticky sweet with intoxicating aromatics of tropical fruit. Similar to honeydew, but much more complex. A must try!
The Charentias melon is a true French cantaloupe, its’ bright orange flesh is very sweet with a heavenly floral fragrance.
The Crane melon originated in southern California at the turn of the century, developed from the Crenshaw melon, its’ pale orange flesh is more delicate and juicy. Highly aromatic, with flavor notes of honey, rose and orange blossom.
We also have a few cases of canning tomatoes available, please call ahead to check availability. They are an indeterminate canning variety of tomato, thick walled and meaty, field grown and vine ripened for flavor. Averaging 2″-2.5″ in diameter, not too large. No cracks.
We are still harvesting Pickling Cucumbers two times a week and can fill small orders, especially of the medium 4″-5″ size.
Coming up within a couple weeks: Pie Pumpkins and Winter Squash (Acorn, Butternut, Spaghetti).
- Slicing Tomatoes: $1.00/lb. to 1.75/lb.
- Yellow Pear Cherry Tomatoes: $3.00/lb.
- ‘Black Vernissage’ Tomatoes: $1.50/lb.
- Green Beans, Purple Beans, Yellow Wax Beans: $2.00/lb.
- Eggplant ‘Early Long Purple’: $2.00/lb.
- Eggplant ‘Black Beauty’: $1.25/each.
- Green Bell Peppers: 2 for $1.00
- Jalapeño and Cayenne Chile Peppers: $2.00/lb.
- Zucchini Summer Squash (yellow, green, round): 85¢/pound
- Scallop/Pattypan Summer Squash ‘Benning’s Green Tint’: $1.50/lb.
- Slicing Cucumbers ‘Straight Eight’: 2 for $1.00
- Persian Cucumbers ‘Beit Alpha’: large size = 3 each for $1.00, small size = $1.50/lb.
- Bunch Beets: $2.75
- Bunch Carrots- Orange, Purple, and White: $2.50
- Bunch Red Radishes: $1.25
- Bunch Watermelon Radishes: $1.75
- Red and White Chard: $2.50/bunch
- Fennel Bulb: $1.50/each
- Basil ‘Sweet Italian’: $1.50/bunch
- Pickling Dill Weed: $3.50/bunch
- Italian Parsley: $1.00/bunch
- Culinary Herbs- Marjoram, Oregano, Sage, Savory, Thyme, Tarragon: $1.50 each bunch
- Garlic, ‘Chesnok Red’ hardneck: $7.00/lb.
- Edible Flowers, Nasturtiums: $2.75/pkg.
- Cut Flower Bouquets: $3.75
© 1996-2017 M o m a n d Enterprises, Boise-Idaho USA. All Rights Reserved