Hello- Autumn has finally arrived and with the unseasonably cold and wet weather we’ve experienced in Boise this past week, things have slowed down dramatically. A few of our squash and cucumber plants have already been frost bitten. Neverless…
Flowers are still beautiful and abundant. We are selling cut bunches for $3.75.
Bell Peppers have sized up well, and the Cayenne Chile Peppers have turned bright red.
We are just now harvesting ‘Winter Luxury’ Pie Pumpkins for 85¢/lb., and Winter Squashes for 55¢/lb.; Acorn, Butternut and Spaghetti.
We plan on staying open until we get a hard killing frost, at which time we’ll clear all the remaining good produce and have a blow-out sale. Last year this happened the third week in October.
Also Available now:
- Slicing Tomatoes: $1.25/lb. to 1.75/lb.
- Yellow Snap Beans: $2.50/lb.
- Eggplant ‘Early Long Purple’: $2.00/lb.
- Eggplant ‘Black Beauty’: $1.50/each.
- Zucchini Summer Squash (yellow, green, striped): $1.00/pound
- Scallop/Pattypan Summer Squash ‘Benning’s Green Tint’: $1.50/lb.
- Slicing Cucumbers ‘Straight Eight’: 2 for $1.00
- Persian Cucumbers ‘Beit Alpha’: large size = 3 each for $1.00, small size = $1.50/lb.
- Bunch Beets: $2.75
- Bunch Carrots- Orange, Purple, and White: $2.50
- Bunch Watermelon Radishes: $1.75
- Red and White Chard: $2.50/bunchh
- Basil ‘Sweet Italian’: $1.50/bunch
- Italian Parsley: $1.00/bunch
- Fresh Culinary Herbs- Marjoram, Oregano, Sage, Savory, Thyme, Tarragon, Rosemary: $1.50 each bunch
- Garlic, ‘Chesnok Red’ hardneck: $7.00/lb.
- Edible Flowers, Nasturtiums: $1.50/bunch.
© 1996-2017 M o m a n d Enterprises, Boise-Idaho USA. All Rights Reserved